1. Datacentre UK believes that one of its most important
functions is the prevention of accidents and ill health. We do not
wish any of our employees or any other person to suffer as the
result of our activities or work processes. To this end, we intend
to comply rigorously with all health and safety legislation, Codes
of Practice, best guidance and work methods available, in
accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
2. The Health and Safety Policy and manuals we have prepared indicate the ways in which we intend to meet with legal requirements.
3. Legislation requires that, as an employer, we prepare a statement of General Policy with respect to the health and safety of our employees, together with details of the organisation and arrangements that we have set up to carry out that Policy.
4. Therefore, we provide, so far as is reasonably practicable:
a. A safe system of work
b. Safe plant and equipment
c. Safe means of handling and transporting articles, substances and people
d. Adequate training, instruction, information and supervision
e. A safe place of work with safe access and egress
f. A safe and healthy environment
g. Adequate welfare facilities
5. We also ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the way we carry out our work does not affect the health and safety of persons who are not our employees, for example, visitors and contractors.
6. It is also recognised that where we produce articles and substances for use at work, or we erect or install any plant or equipment, we have a duty to ensure the health and safety of those who use them and make available all the required information for their health and safety.
7. We remind you, our employees, of your duty to look after your own health and safety and ensure that you do not endanger others and that you must co-operate with us, as your employer, in meeting our legal obligations.